Reading is essential to growing as a human being. It is essential to being more informed, and gaining new ideas and perspectives. Reading opens your world to new ideas, and gives you new perspectives on things. It helps strengthen your language skills, and gives you a better command over the language, making you a better speaker as well.
The best place to get books is at the local library. Visit the Shelby County Libraries Website.NOTE: Don't buy books from Amazon! Amazon wants to destroy small businesses. Buy from local bookstores, or ebay, since the money will stay out of the hands of large corporations that hate you.
Suggested Reading List
Don't know where to start, or looking for something new? Try one of these selections.
- The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It - Seymour
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living - Emery
- Making the Best of Basics - Stevens
- So Easy to Preserve - University of Georgia
- Where There Is No Doctor - Hesperian
- Where There Is No Dentist - Hesperian
- The 5000 Year Leap - Skousen
- Boston’s Gun Bible - Boston T. Party
- The Modern Survival Manual - Ferfal
- Surviving Off Off-Grid - Bunker
- Resistance to Tyranny - Martino
- Long Emergency - Kunstler
- The Fourth Turning - Strauss and Howe
- Plus any available on this site